Welcome lovebirds! Congratulations on tying the knot and embarking on a beautiful journey together. Now, it’s time to plan your dream honeymoon – a getaway that will set the stage for a lifetime of cherished memories. And where better to celebrate your love than in incredible India? With its diverse landscapes, rich culture, and breathtaking destinations, India offers an array of options for couples seeking a romantic escape.
But wait! We know that not everyone can travel outside India due to various constraints. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered too! We’ve also included some fantastic domestic destinations perfect for honeymoons during different seasons of the year.
Top 7 Honeymoon Destination in India 2024 in December
December is a magical time of the year, and what better way to celebrate your new beginning as a couple than with a romantic honeymoon in India? Here are our top 7 honeymoon destinations in India for December 2024:
1. Goa: Known for its stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, and delicious seafood, Goa is perfect for couples seeking a mix of relaxation and excitement. Spend your days lounging on the golden sands or exploring the charming Portuguese architecture.
2. Kerala: If you’re looking for tranquillity amidst nature’s beauty, head to Kerala. From cruising through the serene backwaters of Alleppey to taking romantic walks in tea plantations of Munnar, this destination offers an idyllic setting for lovebirds.
3. Andaman Islands: For those who crave adventure and underwater wonders, Andaman Islands should be at the top of your list. Dive into crystal-clear waters filled with colourful coral reefs or simply unwind on secluded beaches with your loved one.
4. Shimla: Embrace winter wonderland vibes by visiting Shimla in December. Nestled amidst snow-capped mountains, this hill station offers breathtaking views along with cozy fireside moments that will warm your heart.
5. Udaipur: Known as the “City of Lakes,” Udaipur exudes romance from every corner. Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola while admiring magnificent palaces like City Palace and Jag Mandir – it’s truly a fairy-tale experience.
6. Jaipur: Immerse yourselves in royal grandeur by visiting Jaipur during December. Explore magnificent forts like Amber Fort and indulge in shopping sprees at bustling markets like Johari Bazaar – creating memories fit for royalty!
7. Dawki – A Hidden Gem in Meghalaya Dawki is a small town located in the Jaintia Hills district of Meghalaya, a northeastern state in India. The town is situated on the border between India and Bangladesh and is known for its crystal-clear river, picturesque landscapes, and tranquil environment. December is an ideal time to visit Dawki, as the town experiences pleasant weather, and the festivities of Christmas and New Year add to the charm of the place.
Top 7 Honeymoon Destination in India 2024 For Couples
1. Goa: Known for its stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, and Portuguese architecture, Goa tops the list as one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in India. Whether you want to relax on the beach or party till dawn, Goa has it all.
2. Kerala: If you’re looking for a serene and peaceful getaway, then Kerala should be your go-to destination. With its backwaters, lush greenery, and Ayurvedic spas, this place offers a truly romantic experience.
3. Rajasthan: For those seeking a royal touch to their honeymoon, Rajasthan is the perfect choice. From magnificent palaces to camel safaris in the desert dunes of Jaisalmer – this state exudes grandeur and romance.
4. Shimla-Manali: Nestled amidst snow-capped mountains and breathtaking landscapes, Shimla-Manali offers a cozy retreat for newlyweds seeking some adventure along with tranquility.
5. Andaman Islands: If secluded beaches and crystal-clear waters are what you desire for your romantic escape, then head over to the Andaman Islands. Explore coral reefs while scuba diving or simply unwind on pristine beaches with your loved one.
6.Ooty-Kodaikanal-Coorg : These three hill stations make up an ideal circuit where couples can soak up nature’s beauty while enjoying each other’s company amidst tea plantations, lakes,and waterfalls
7.Darjeeling-Sikkim-Gangtok : For those who prefer mountainous terrains,the northeastern states of Darjeeling,Sikkim,and Gangtok offer breathtaking views,lush tea gardens,and monasteries where you can find peace and tranquility.
Honeymoon Places in May Outside india
May is a lovely month to embark on a romantic honeymoon outside of India. With its pleasant weather and beautiful destinations, there are plenty of options to choose from. One such destination is Bali, Indonesia. Known for its stunning beaches, lush green landscapes, and vibrant culture, Bali offers couples the perfect blend of relaxation and adventure.
Another great option for a May honeymoon outside of India is Santorini in Greece. This picturesque island with its iconic white buildings against the backdrop of the deep blue sea is truly breathtaking. Couples can indulge in romantic walks along the cliffside paths, enjoy delicious Mediterranean cuisine, and soak in the mesmerizing sunsets.
For those looking for an exotic getaway, Maldives should be at the top of your list. With crystal clear turquoise waters teeming with marine life and luxurious overwater villas, it’s no wonder that this tropical paradise is often referred to as a honeymooner’s dream.
If you’re seeking a mix of history and romance, Italy offers several charming cities like Rome, Florence, and Venice that are perfect for a May honeymoon. Imagine strolling hand-in-hand through ancient ruins or taking gondola rides through winding canals – these experiences will create memories that last a lifetime.
If you’re looking for something closer to home but equally enchanting then Sri Lanka might just be what you’re looking for! This tropical gem boasts pristine beaches fringed by palm trees as well as lush tea plantations nestled amidst misty mountains.
Mauritius also deserves mention when it comes to choosing a May honeymoon destination outside India. With its idyllic beaches lined with coconut palms and stunning coral reefs waiting to be explored underwater – this Indian Ocean paradise promises pure bliss.
May Honeymoon Destination in India
One such destination is the picturesque hill station of Manali in Himachal Pradesh. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains, lush green valleys, and gushing rivers, Manali offers breathtaking views and a serene atmosphere for couples to enjoy their alone time.
Another enchanting option is the pristine beaches of Goa. Known for its vibrant culture, delicious cuisine, and stunning coastline, Goa provides the perfect blend of relaxation and excitement for newlyweds.
For those seeking tranquility amidst nature’s beauty, Ooty in Tamil Nadu is an idyllic choice. The hill town boasts cascading waterfalls, aromatic tea gardens, and charming colonial architecture that create a magical ambiance for couples.
If you prefer historical charm combined with natural splendor, Udaipur in Rajasthan is an ideal pick. The city’s majestic palaces set against shimmering lakes offer a regal setting for romance to bloom.
The mesmerizing backwaters of Kerala also beckon lovebirds during May. A houseboat cruise through the tranquil canals surrounded by lush greenery provides an intimate experience like no other.
For adventure-loving couples looking for some thrill along with romance, Leh-Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir offers thrilling activities like trekking amidst rugged mountains or riding through scenic valleys on bikes.
Lastly but not leastly , Munnar in Kerala presents surreal landscapes with vast tea plantations carpeting rolling hills as far as the eye can see – making it a perfect haven for nature enthusiasts who want to indulge themselves while enjoying each other’s company
Best Places For Honeymoon in January Outside India
January is a perfect time to embark on a romantic getaway with your beloved after the hustle and bustle of the wedding festivities. If you’re looking to explore international destinations for your honeymoon, here are some top picks:
1. Maldives: With its pristine white sandy beaches, crystal clear turquoise waters, and luxurious overwater villas, Maldives offers the ultimate tropical paradise experience. Enjoy snorkeling together amidst vibrant coral reefs or simply relax on secluded islands.
2. Bali, Indonesia: Known as the “Island of Gods,” Bali boasts stunning landscapes ranging from lush rice terraces to volcanic mountains and beautiful temples. Immerse yourselves in Balinese culture, indulge in spa treatments or take leisurely walks along picturesque beaches.
3. Seychelles: This archipelago in the Indian Ocean is renowned for its breathtaking beauty and seclusion. Explore granite peaks, swim in azure waters teeming with diverse marine life or unwind on powdery white sand beaches hand-in-hand.
4. Mauritius: Famous for its idyllic beaches fringed by palm trees and lapped by turquoise waters, Mauritius offers a perfect blend of relaxation and adventure activities such as water sports and hiking through verdant forests.
5. Thailand: For couples seeking a mix of cultural exploration and beach relaxation, Thailand is an ideal choice. Discover ancient temples in Bangkok or Chiang Mai before heading to Phuket or Krabi for sun-soaked days by the Andaman Sea.
6.Cape Town,South Africa : Cape Town has it all – mesmerizing landscapes including Table Mountain , stunning coastline ,world-class wine regions like Stellenbosch ,and vibrant nightlife .
7.New Zealand : Known as one of the most scenic countries across the globe , New Zealand offers endless possibilities . From exploring Milford Sound’s fjords to visiting Hobbiton (the Lord Of The Rings film set) in Matamata ,you will be spoilt for choice.
Best Places to Visit in January for Honeymoon in India
1. Goa: Known for its pristine beaches and vibrant nightlife, Goa is a popular choice for honeymooners. Enjoy long walks on the sandy shores, indulge in water sports, and savor delicious seafood at beachside shacks.
2. Auli: If you’re looking for a winter wonderland, head to Auli in Uttarakhand. This snowy paradise offers stunning views of snow-capped mountains and thrilling activities like skiing and cable car rides.
3. Udaipur: The City of Lakes exudes romance with its majestic palaces and serene lakes. Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola, explore the grandeur of City Palace, and witness the beautiful sunset from Sajjangarh Fort.
4. Andaman Islands: For those seeking seclusion amidst untouched natural beauty, Andaman Islands are a dream come true. Dive into crystal-clear waters, walk hand-in-hand on secluded beaches, and witness mesmerizing sunsets.
5. Munnar: Nestled amidst tea plantations in Kerala’s Western Ghats, Munnar is an idyllic destination for nature-loving couples. Explore lush green valleys, visit tea estates together, and enjoy a cozy stay in charming cottages.
6.Jaisalmer– With its golden sand dunes,camel safaris,and magnificent forts,Jaisalmer provides an enchanting backdrop for your honeymoon.Enjoy cultural performances under starry skies,stroll through narrow streets,and experience the rich heritage of Rajasthan
7.Kodaikanal– Nicknamed as “the princess of hill stations”,Kodaikanal boasts misty mountains,lush greenery,and tranquil lakes.Take peaceful boat rides,enjoy panoramic views from Pillar Rocks,and explore the vibrant flora and fauna of the region.
Which One is The Best Place for Honeymoon in India
If you prefer serene beaches and azure waters, head to the Andaman Islands or Goa. These coastal paradises offer stunning sunsets, water sports activities, and luxurious resorts where you can relax and unwind with your loved one.
For those seeking a more adventurous honeymoon experience, consider visiting the majestic mountains of Himachal Pradesh or Uttarakhand. The hill stations of Shimla, Manali, Mussoorie, and Nainital provide breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, charming weather, and opportunities for trekking or skiing.
If history fascinates you both as a couple, plan a trip to Rajasthan. This royal state boasts magnificent palaces like Udaipur’s Lake Palace and Jaipur’s Amber Fort that will transport you back in time to an era of opulence.
Alternatively, if exotic wildlife appeals to you both, embark on a safari at Jim Corbett National Park or Ranthambore National Park. Spotting tigers in their natural habitat can be an unforgettable experience.
Lastly but not leastly , if spiritual awakening is something that resonates with both of you , then Varanasi should definitely make it onto your list . This ancient city situated alongside Ganges river promises mystical experiences through evening boat rides witnessing mesmerizing Ganga Aarti .
Where is The Most Romantic Honeymoon?
One of the top contenders for this title is undoubtedly Udaipur, often referred to as the “Venice of the East.” With its breathtaking palaces, serene lakes, and picturesque landscapes, Udaipur offers a truly magical setting for couples to celebrate their love. Whether it’s taking a boat ride on Lake Pichola or exploring the grandeur of City Palace, every moment spent here feels like a fairytale.
Another incredibly romantic destination in India is Kashmir. Known as “Paradise on Earth,” this region boasts stunning valleys, snow-capped mountains, and shimmering lakes that create an idyllic backdrop for newlyweds. From cruising on Dal Lake in Srinagar to enjoying a scenic drive through Gulmarg’s meadows, Kashmir offers countless opportunities to bask in each other’s company amidst nature’s beauty.
For those seeking a beachside paradise for their honeymoon, Goa never disappoints. The sun-kissed beaches lined with palm trees provide an ideal setting for long walks hand-in-hand or simply relaxing together while watching mesmerizing sunsets over the Arabian Sea.
If wildlife fascinates you both and you want your honeymoon experience to be unique and adventurous at the same time then Jim Corbett National Park could be your perfect choice. Imagine spotting majestic tigers or going on thrilling jeep safaris together – it will definitely add excitement and charm to your journey as soulmates.
The backwaters of Kerala also hold immense allure when it comes to romance-filled destinations. Cruising along tranquil waterways on traditional houseboats known as ‘kettuvallams’ can be an incredibly intimate experience where you can revel in each other’s company while being surrounded by lush greenery and serene surroundings.
Which Place is cheapest for Honeymoon?
1. Goa: Known for its stunning beaches and vibrant nightlife, Goa is a popular choice among couples. With budget-friendly accommodations, delicious seafood, and plenty of activities to enjoy, it’s an ideal destination for a budget honeymoon.
2. Ooty: Nestled amidst the Nilgiri Hills in Tamil Nadu, Ooty is famous for its picturesque landscapes and pleasant weather. Enjoy long walks through tea plantations or take a boat ride on Ooty Lake without breaking the bank.
3. Darjeeling: If you’re seeking breathtaking views of mountains covered in mist, Darjeeling is perfect for you. From exploring tea gardens to visiting monasteries and indulging in local cuisine, there’s something here for every couple.
4. Pondicherry: This charming coastal town combines French colonial architecture with Indian culture. Stroll along beautiful promenades hand-in-hand or relax on tranquil beaches while savoring delectable French cuisine.
5.Munnar – Located in Kerala’s Western Ghats region, Munnar offers romantic vistas of rolling hills adorned with tea plantations and waterfalls galore! Explore scenic viewpoints like Echo Point or indulge in adventurous activities together.
6.Udaipur- Known as the “City of Lakes,” Udaipur boasts majestic palaces overlooking shimmering lakes which make it an incredibly romantic destination.Plan visits to iconic attractions such as City Palace,Jag Mandir Island,and Lake Pichola
7.Alleppey – Experience love floating on serene backwaters by opting for a houseboat stay at Alleppey.Enjoy cruising through narrow canals,lush paddy fields,and watching traditional villages unfold before your eyes!
What is the Most Visited Honeymoon Destination?
One such popular destination is Goa. Known for its pristine beaches and vibrant nightlife, Goa offers a perfect blend of relaxation and excitement. Couples can enjoy romantic walks on the sandy shores, indulge in water sports together, or simply unwind at one of the beachside resorts.
Another sought-after honeymoon spot is Kerala. With its tranquil backwaters, lush greenery, and serene hill stations like Munnar and Wayanad, Kerala provides a romantic retreat for couples looking to connect with nature. The houseboat cruises along the backwaters offer an intimate experience where you can relax and soak in the beauty of your surroundings.
For those seeking a touch of royalty on their honeymoon, Rajasthan is an ideal choice. The majestic palaces and forts create a magical ambiance that sets the stage for a truly memorable trip. From exploring historic cities like Jaipur and Udaipur to enjoying camel rides in Jaisalmer’s desert dunes, Rajasthan offers endless opportunities for romance.
If you prefer mountains over beaches or deserts, then Himachal Pradesh should be on top of your list. Destinations like Shimla, Manali, and Dharamshala provide breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks amidst picturesque landscapes. Couples can engage in adventure activities like skiing or trekking together or simply cozy up by the fireplace in one of the cozy mountain resorts.
Moving further north-eastwards brings us to Darjeeling in West Bengal – known as “The Queen of Hills.” This charming hill station offers panoramic views of tea gardens against the backdrop of Mount Kanchenjunga – making it an idyllic setting for newlyweds seeking tranquility amidst nature’s bounty.
Is 7 Days Enough for Honeymoon?
During those 7 days, you can choose to explore one destination more thoroughly or even visit multiple places if you prefer. It’s all about finding a balance between relaxation and adventure that suits your preferences as a couple.
If you’re craving an exotic beach getaway, consider destinations like Goa or Andaman and Nicobar Islands where you can soak up the sun, indulge in water sports, and enjoy romantic candlelit dinners by the shore.
Alternatively, if you’re nature enthusiasts seeking tranquility amidst scenic landscapes, head to places like Himachal Pradesh or Kerala which offer breathtaking mountainscapes, serene backwaters, and lush greenery.
On the other hand, if history and culture captivate your interest as newlyweds, cities such as Jaipur or Udaipur in Rajasthan will enchant you with their majestic palaces and vibrant markets.
Ultimately though, whether 7 days is enough for your honeymoon largely depends on how much time off work both of you can take and what kind of experience you want from this special trip. Remember that it’s not about how many days but rather how memorable each moment is! So make sure to plan accordingly so every day counts!
1. Which one is the best place for a honeymoon in India?
Choosing the best honeymoon destination in India depends on your preferences as a couple. If you love serene beaches, Goa and Andaman Islands are perfect choices. For breathtaking mountain views, head to Shimla or Manali. Kerala offers peaceful backwaters and lush greenery, while Rajasthan provides a royal touch with its palaces and forts.
2. Where is the most romantic honeymoon?
The answer to this question varies depending on personal preferences and interests. Some popular romantic honeymoon destinations include Paris, Venice, Santorini, Bora Bora, Maldives, Bali, and Hawaii. These places offer stunning landscapes, luxurious resorts, candlelit dinners by the sea or under starry skies – everything you need for an unforgettable romantic getaway.
3. Which place is cheapest for a honeymoon?
If budget constraints are a concern but you still want an amazing honeymoon experience in India, there are several affordable options available such as Darjeeling in West Bengal known for its tea gardens and panoramic views of the Himalayas or Udaipur in Rajasthan famous for its beautiful lakes and historic architecture.
4. What is the most visited honeymoon destination?
One of the most visited international honeymoons destinations is Bali due to its affordability coupled with natural beauty rich culture temples forest landscapes dining entertainment blue oceans waterfalls rice terraces vibrant art scenes yoga retreats tropical vibes.
5.Is 7 days enough for a honeymoon?
The duration of your honeymoon can vary depending on various factors like budget constraints or work commitments but seven days can be considered sufficient if planned properly.
India offers a plethora of enchanting destinations that are perfect for honeymooners seeking romance, adventure, and relaxation. Whether you prefer the serene beaches of Goa or the majestic mountains of Himachal Pradesh, there is something to suit every couple’s taste.From the snow-capped peaks of Shimla to the vibrant backwaters of Kerala, India has it all when it comes to honeymoon destinations. The top 7 honeymoon destinations in India for 2024 include Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Goa, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Shimla-Manali, and Kerala.
For couples looking to venture outside India for their May honeymoon destination or January/March getaway after tying the knot in 2024, places like Maldives and Bali offer breathtaking beauty and luxurious resorts. When deciding on the best place for your romantic escape or where to go on your dream honeymoon in India or abroad within budget constraints – consider factors such as weather conditions during that time period (December/May/January/March), activities available at each location (beaches/mountains/sightseeing), affordability (cheapest options), popularity among tourists (most visited), and duration of stay required.